Getting creative... good and bad

A couple recent creations....



This one was inspired by Panera's new broth bowls. After trying to find a quick way to recreate these and coming up with only high sodium options, I decided to buy some rice noodles and try things out myself. While Panera's execution of a broth bowl was far superior to my somewhat bland attempt, I'd be willing to bet that mine had a significantly lower sodium content! A re-attempt at this one may be in my future!

I also recently made enchiladas after purchasing some ground chicken on accident. Given my husband was recovering from having a tooth pulled and was on a (very) soft food and/or liquid diet, I knew I needed to make something that required minimal chewing. I also knew that one more bowl of soup might put me over the edge. So, after some searching and brainstorming and recalling one of our favorite enchilada recipes that I'd made multiple times before (found here:  http://www.sproutedkitchen.com/home/2012/7/10/roasted-zucchini-black-bean-goat-cheese-enchiladas.html), I ended up browning the chicken, mixing it with chunks of sweet potato, kale, onion, and goat cheese, rolled that all up in corn tortillas, topped with enchilada sauce and additional goat cheese, baked then served topped with slices of avocado. It really turned out great and my husband was even able to gum them enough to enjoy a second helping!

Next time I'll try to remember to take photos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Alfredo Mac 'n Cheese Tuna Zucchini Fettuccine Noodles... Ummm, what?

Strawberry Mint Inspirations