Baked Alfredo Mac 'n Cheese Tuna Zucchini Fettuccine Noodles... Ummm, what?

Last night I made a mess (a fairly common occurrence to tell the truth...). I wanted to create a creamy noodle dish, but I don't really do pasta and Justin wants healthy, so a classic fettuccini alfredo just wasn't part of the plan. But then I found some healthy recipes for Alfredo sauce. Then I started searching for sauces using cottage cheese since we had plenty and it's fat free. And THEN I found this recipe:  http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/tuna_tomato_mac_cheese.html!

What happened next, you ask? The mess happened next. 

Zucchini noodles + veggie infused fettuccine noodles + grape tomatoes + steamed/boiled carrots and broccoli + sauce in recipe ... Except I obviously altered it (mainly to avoid a trip to the store...)

Ingredients added: smoked paprika, onion salt, garlic pepper (should have added real garlic too!), extra chili powder (regular, not the ancho variety). I believe my husband added chili flakes to his helping and loved it!

Ingredients changed: I didn't have any Parmesan sitting around, so I used what I had in the fridge which included (randomly enough) a slice of pepper jack, cracked pepper mozzarella sticks, & a little feta, melted then added to the sauce mixture. I also used almond milk instead of regular milk and instead of rotini noodles I used 1/4 to 1/2 fettuccine noodles (mentioned above) and 1/2-3/4 zucchini noodles. 

Ingredients taken out: diced tomatoes with chilies, tortilla chip topping

My husband's reaction: "you can add this to the top of the favorite recipes list..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting creative... good and bad

Strawberry Mint Inspirations